8 Ways Freelancers Can Make Money In The Holiday Season
Christmas and the holiday season are often the time of the year where people spend the most amount of money. So if your outgoings overtake your freelance in-comings, then you may need to take a look at re-branding your business for the holiday season. Here is WebdesignDev’s short guide on how freelancers can make a bit of extra money on the side during the holiday season when times are tough on the wallet.
If you have any other ways freelancers / web designers can make money during the holiday season, please feel free to share it with a comment. Thanks!
Offer A Logo Updating Service
Many websites change their logo for a certain period of time to adopt the festive feel on their website. Google do this for every special occasion, but you will find so many websites that will want to update their logo for this season. So get in there and offer your services to them!
Special Rates For The Season
As its that time of year, and everything is on sale, why not offer special prices on your design services? Maybe not as such as buy one design get one free, but maybe buy 2 web designs for $x amount, or buy a web design get 25% of hosting for the year.
Design An eCard For Companies
Many companies will be sending an eCard to their clients, so why not offer your amazing skills to design eCards. eCards are becoming more and more popular around Christmas time as the internet grows. They are a cheap and hassle free way of saying happy Christmas, and companies need a good design for their clients.
Sell Festive Icons / Vectors
You could maybe create a festive icon pack and sell it on many different stock websites such as graphicriver and istockphoto. Think about how many Cards / redesigns / adverts are made around the festive season. You could earn quite a bit of money from selling stock designs.
Design Party Invites
Around Thanks Giving, Christmas and New Years (especially new years) people are going to be having parties. You could offer a service to design and print a set of festive styled party invitations to fit the desired occasion.
Design Festive Related Backgrounds
Freelancers could offer a service to design festive styled website backgrounds to give the website a new look for the festive period. Many websites do this weather its a simple design or totally overboard, many businesses will be needing these services.
Re-brand Signs & Adverts
Many if not all companies will be looking to bring in alot of money around the festive season, so they will be needing to redesign their advertising campaigns. You could maybe offer a service to design new adverts for black Friday, boxing day, January sales etc.
Design Christmas Cards
Millions and Millions of Christmas cards are purchased and sent to friends, family and relatives during the holiday season. There are so many different designs, so why not offer a custom Christmas card design service.
You may also like:
- GUIDE: How To Make A Lot More Money Online Doing Web Design
- 9 Myths About Freelancers And Freelancing
- 20 Rules All Freelancers Should Follow
- Top Best Outsourcing Sites for Freelancers
- Learning to Work More Efficiently: The Concept of Value for Money
- Invoicely Review – Is It the #1 Invoice Solution for Web Designers &…
- TemplateMonster Certification Center Teaches and Certifies Freelancers & Startups
- How Much Money Do WebDesignDev Readers Turnover Annually From Internet Income
- 20 Ways To Promote Yourself As A Web Designer
- Three Ways to Keep Your Web Design Clients Coming to You in 2019
Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Popular on Web Design Dev:
- Free Wix Website Templates
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Architects
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Artists
- Creative Resume Templates for Web Designers
- Web Safe Fonts with CSS
- Best Free Tumblr Themes
- 20+ Free HTML Templates
- Professional Free Bootstrap Themes
- Best Shopify Themes for High Conversions
- 20+ Events Production Website Templates