If you use Illustrator you should know the major tools, especially the mother of them all; the pen tool. I would say on any given project I use the pen tool 90% of the time and the other 10% is spent on the other tools. But if variety is the spice of life one cannot create the pen tool alone. I have hopefully compiled some tools and some tricks that maybe even die-hard Illustrator users don't know about or use…...Continue Reading...
Although many designers have preferred to use Photoshop for designing website graphics and mockups in the past, Adobe Illustrator is gaining popularity in this arena. As a graphic designer, Illustrator has always been my default program but when I got a job where I would no longer be designing for print but for web I was worried that the two wouldn't be compatible. However the more I use Illustrator to create for the web I find that is completely web friendly and has many wonderful features for…...Continue Reading...
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a website mockup using Adobe Illustrator. Some techniques used in this prototype design tutorial are aligning elements, creating gradients, creating colour palettes, slicing, and editing the outputted HTML. 1. Create a new Illustrator document with the right size: Start Adobe Illustrator Choose File -> New In the New Document dialog box, Name the file custom_site and leave the New Document Profile to Custom, the Width to 1366px, Height to 768px and…...Continue Reading...
Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Popular on Web Design Dev:
- Free Wix Website Templates
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Architects
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Artists
- Creative Resume Templates for Web Designers
- Web Safe Fonts with CSS
- Best Free Tumblr Themes
- 20+ Free HTML Templates
- Professional Free Bootstrap Themes
- Best Shopify Themes for High Conversions
- 20+ Events Production Website Templates