How to Create a Photo Collage in Photoshop
One of the most fun thing to do with photos is to create a collage. Photo collage allows you to tell a story using photos in any way you want. In this tutorial, we’ll teach you how to create a collage, which a pile or stack of images arranged either regularly or randomly.
Steps to create a photo collage in Photoshop
1. First of all, open Adobe Photoshop. We are using Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 but this also works on earlier or later versions.
2. Next, create a new document of any dimension. Usually, a document of at least 1000 PX wide and 1000 PX height is recommended. To do that, click on the File > New, specify width and height and click on the OK button.
3. Next, fill the background of the layer by choosing Edit > Fill and choose black from the Contents section and click on the OK button.
4. Next, we need to insert images. To do that click File > Place and choose the image and click on the Place button.
5. You can see transform handle around the placed image. Click on and drag those handles to resize it or rotate to rotate it. After you are done, press enter to confirm.
6. Now this is the fun part. By replicating steps 4 and 5 you can add as many images as you like.
7. Open Layer palette by clicking Window > Layers or simply press F7. Then right click any placed images and choose Blending Options. You may choose any image because we will copy-paste the layer style to remaining images.
8. Next, check Stroke box and put size=3 and fill type, color = white and click on OK. This will put a white stroke around the image.
9. Next, in the layer palette, right click the same layer where you have applied a layer style and select ‘Copy Layer Style’.
10. Next, right click the other image layers one by one in the layer palette and choose ‘Paste Layer Style’. Repeat this for all the images.
This completes our Photoshop tutorial that teach you how to create a photo collage. If you’ve found this helpful, please leave a comment below!