FlashUSAMap and FlashWorldMap Review and GIVEAWAY (3 copies of each)
***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***
Aaaand the winners are:
Our sponsor will get in touch with you soon. If you didn’t win, don’t worry! Our kind sponsor has provided us with an awesome 25% off coupon: OFF25 – it works on either the USA or World map. It is valid through the end of October.
We have an exciting new giveaway today. As web developers, you’ve probably encountered situations where you need to visualize geographic information. Maybe, you’re a non-profit that wants to highlight the differences in child mortality rates across the globe. Maybe, you’re working for a client who has offices in some states but not others. Or, perhaps, you run a travel directory and want to map available destinations.
Regardless of your situation, integrating a map into your website can be daunting. What are your options? You could make an HTML image map. But, that takes time, is difficult to edit, and is a static solution. You could use Google maps. Sometimes that’s the right choice but it could be overkill and it doesn’t always look professional.
You should consider an interactive flash map. But, who has the time or expertise to build one from scratch? Fortunately, you can buy an out-of-the-box solution that allows you customize the map’s content and design. That’s where this week’s giveaway sponsor comes in. FlashUSAMap.com and FlashWorldmap.com sell clickable interactive maps that are easy to customize by editing a simple XML file. You don’t need any Flash experience to customize your own map and installation is as easy as uploading some files and copying and pasting some code.
Each map includes informational pop-ups upon mouse hover that you can create using HTML and CSS (see screenshot). The world map also allows you to include pinpoint locations based on latitude and longitude. There are lots of features, so to get a feel for the maps you should check out the demos for the flash us map and the flash world map. These maps typically retail for $59 and $199 respectively. However, we’ve been given 3 copies of each map to give away to our readers.
3 Licenses for the FlashUSAmap (each good for use one one site)
3 Licenses for the FlashWorldMap (each good for use on one site)
To ENTER: Post a comment stating which map you’d like and how you plan to use it. You can request both maps if you’d use them. Please use a real email address; otherwise we won’t be able to contact you.
This giveaway ends on 9/30/2010 at noon EST.
You may also like:
- Client Ultimatum Review and GIVEAWAY of 5 Copies!
- GIVEAWAY: 10 Digital Copies of Awwwards’ New Case Studies Book + Download A…
- Webydo Review & Giveaway – Online Website Design Software, 5 LIFETIME…
- BaseKit Review And GIVEAWAY
- GIVEAWAY: 4th of July FREE BUSINESS CARDS Giveaway. 100% FREE.
- Market Me Tweet Review (MarketMeTweet Review) – Is It The Hottest Twitter…
- 1000 Business Cards to Giveaway!
- Giveaway – iTransfer Software From Leawo – $29.95 Value
- Personalized Pens Giveaway – $125 VALUE, Get Them FREE
- Giveaway: 2 Sets of 500 Business Cards
Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Popular on Web Design Dev:
- Free Wix Website Templates
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Architects
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Artists
- Creative Resume Templates for Web Designers
- Web Safe Fonts with CSS
- Best Free Tumblr Themes
- 20+ Free HTML Templates
- Professional Free Bootstrap Themes
- Best Shopify Themes for High Conversions
- 20+ Events Production Website Templates