Tips To Create A Clean Structured About Page
When it comes to an about page, think outside the box. Try to think of something new and creative that’s different form the rest of your site. Of course display images of you / your staff, and descriptions of each, but try to lay it out in a very fun way, whistle keeping it clean and readable. Title image by 0at.org (thanks!).
Put An Image of Yourself Up
Put an avatar at least on your about page. It shows the client who they are paying to do their work, and that it is a real person. If you feel really creative, try making something like below.
Organize Your Page Into Sections
Put your about page into sections, such as What we do, who we are, who we work with, etc.
Sell Yourself / Your Company
Add a few sentences to sell your company, and even add little icons like studio 7 designs (below).
Space Out Text With Images
Sometimes when you have lots of text it can be hard to continue if you loose your place. Try and insert relevant images to space out some text. It will also improve the overall look of your about page.
Display Your Team
If there are more than one of you that work for your company, why not display an avatar along with a description of each staff member? Many companies do it, and it looks really good!
Use Fonts, Colours, Headings and Backgrounds
Spice up your about page with world class fonts, delicious backgrounds, beautiful headings and a nice palette of colours.
Maybe Display A Testimonial Or Two
If you have client testimonials, you can always display them on your about page.
Make Your Main Title Stand Out
Sell your about page. Make your main title stand out. Making it large and centered is a good idea.
Display Your Skillset Beautifully
Instead of listing your skills within your text, like “Skilled in: Photoshop, PHP, HTML” etc, why not approach it creatively. I love what Rob Palmer has done.
Just Be Creative
Last but not least, just be creative. Think on the wild side of the box, and approach your about page layout like its a design for a high paying client.
You may also like:
- How to Create a Complete Front Page Layout with CSS
- Create a Full Page Background Image with CSS3
- The Beginner’s Guide to Structured Data
- Tips For Creating Successful Web Designs
- Tips on how to Increase Your Freelance Income
- 15 Top PHP Coding Tutorials, Tips and Tricks
- 10 MORE Illustrator Tips, Tricks & Tools
- 10 Tips On Organizing Your Client Records
- 5 Tips to Keep Your Website Safe and Secure
- The Art of the Up Sale: Top 5 Tips for Increasing Your Revenue
Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Popular on Web Design Dev:
- Free Wix Website Templates
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Architects
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Artists
- Creative Resume Templates for Web Designers
- Web Safe Fonts with CSS
- Best Free Tumblr Themes
- 20+ Free HTML Templates
- Professional Free Bootstrap Themes
- Best Shopify Themes for High Conversions
- 20+ Events Production Website Templates