How to Work on Your Brand’s Story through Photo Editing
Most web designers, and other online professionals, recognize how important visual content can be in defining and promoting a brand. To be effective, visual content needs to speak to your audience. It needs to be authentic, it needs to be totally relevant, and it needs to be applied coherently.
Here are some important rules that will pay dividends when you follow them.
- Originality – Unless you choose to spend hours sifting through stock photos, it can be difficult to find examples that perfectly match the message or messages in your blog or website. Taking your own photos can be an alternative, but then you’re faced with the problem of making them appear professional, unless of course you happen to be a skilled or professional photographer. An easy solution is to process your images with a user-friendly, cool photo editor for Mac – like Luminar.
Luminar’s UI, shown here, readily adapts to your style and skill level.
- Brand Coherence – When multiple images are involved, the subject matter must have a high degree of coherency to support a product or to support the brand. The quality of these images must have the same degree of coherency. A lack of coherency will work against you.
- Relevance – Internet user attention span is short, and getting shorter, which is one reason why images are so important. Not only is their use relevant as far as attracting attention is concerned, but the images themselves must be relevant to the brand. An image is often the first, and often necessary, step toward a call for action.
Right way of Photo Editing App Can to Up Your Brand’s Game
The importance visual content plays in online advertising and marketing is no secret. Internet user attention span is short; and getting shorter. Except for headlines, text is ignored until a visitor finds what he/she wants. The best, and sometimes the only way, to get a visitor’s attention is through visual content.
The smart use of an image editor can pay dividends by creating images that can engage viewers in a way that ordinary, run-of-the-mill, images cannot. As far as image editors themselves are concerned, some are difficult to use, and can place limits on your creativity. One stands head and shoulders above the rest – as you will see as you browse through this Luminar vs. Lightroom comparison page.
To place added emphasis on your online brand:
- Select imagenery that supports your brand’s values. A little reverse engineering can work for you here. Begin with your brand, your task is to find the right photo-editing effect that will draw attention to your brand when put to good use. The images themselves are important; but it’s what you do with them that really counts.
- If your site has several parts, use a different filtering technique for each. The goal here is to match the message an image sends with the message in the content, which may be nothing more than a general subject or a theme. Doing identifies you as a person who has done his/her homework.
- There’s no need to put a damper on your creativity. Using your own photos is the best approach, but if you’re a point-and-shoot photographer, in other words an amateur, a little creativity can at times be dangerous. This is where this powerful, yet easy to use photo editor for Mac comes into play. With Luminar, you can give images a dramatic look, or a touch of quirkiness, without fear of doing something that will detract from your brand.
Luminar Is the First Photo Editing App to Adapt to Your Skill Level and Style
It often requires complex software to perform a variety of complex tasks, and the Luminar Mac image editor is no exception. The difference between Luminar and other image editors however is that, while the user benefits from the results this complexity delivers, the UI is intuitive and straightforward to work with. It easily adapts to your style and to your skill level.
As a beginning user, you’ll find the basic tools you need in the bottom “Presets” bar. You’ll find that you can create outstanding imagery with this initial set of tools. As you gain experience, and you will do so quickly, there are hundreds of additional features you can put into play.
Cropping an Image
Cropping is simple and intuitive; just like all Luminar’s features.
Using the Luminar cropping tool is about as easy as it gets. You can do other things with this tool as well, such as rotating the image or changing its size.
Resize, Sharpen, or Enhance an Image
Editing a photo involves little more than uploading, editing, and exporting it. Several modes are available for resizing an image. Once you’re satisfied with the result, it’s simply a matter of clicking on “Save”.
The same is true with most of the other editing features, including enhancing an image or adding photo effects. It’s usually a simple task to make a photo darker and mysterious-looking, giving it a highly dramatic appearance, or adding riotous color. Editing features include color balancing, clarity, color contrast, and color temperature filters; you can put Luminar’s time-saving batch processing feature to good use, and more.
There are in fact, more than 300 image-editing tools to work with. Do yourself a favor and give Luminar a closer look, and try it out today!
You may also like:
- Lights, Camera, Action: Video Editing Skills You Need To Know
- 15 Best WordPress Timeline Themes to Tell Your Story
- How To Get Round Web Blockages To Work Abroad
- Learning to Work More Efficiently: The Concept of Value for Money
- How to Create Compelling Landing Pages That Work
- 30 Things To Create The Ultimate Web Designers Work Environment
- Using Videos in Your Web Design Work? Never Overlook These Crucial Elements
- Tablet Story - Making A Website Tablet Friendly, Known and The Unknown facts
- The 12 Best Colors For Your Brand (and What They Mean)
- 20 Brand New Free Mockups To Download
Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Popular on Web Design Dev:
- Free Wix Website Templates
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Architects
- 20+ Portfolio Website Templates for Artists
- Creative Resume Templates for Web Designers
- Web Safe Fonts with CSS
- Best Free Tumblr Themes
- 20+ Free HTML Templates
- Professional Free Bootstrap Themes
- Best Shopify Themes for High Conversions
- 20+ Events Production Website Templates